Fasting

14 replies to this topic

#1 Chuckels

Chuckels

New Zimbabwean

• Banned
  • 18696 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Does anybody do this on a regular basis or occasionally?
Posted Image

#2 Tennyson

Tennyson

New Zimbabwean

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Photgraphy, Reading, Travelling

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

Are you talking about fasting ye chi Kristu here or just fasting. Kana iri yeku church it depends. There is partial fasting and total fasting. But you  should know that fasting  in Christianity does not change the mind of God. It is meant to bring you closer to God. Where you forego the things that you normally want/like and focus on God

#3 Chuckels

Chuckels

New Zimbabwean

• Banned
  • 18696 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:39 AM

Talking about fasting to clean out the system, I have an exercise book that recommends eating nothing for the whole day when you have nothing strenuous to do, lazy day in other words.

I have not done it yet but am going to give it a go soon, my problem is that I donít have many lazy days.
Posted Image

#4 sherimiller

sherimiller

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

Most religions during periods of fasting as a means of demonstrating one's faith or repentance, and an opportunity for spiritual reflection. Fasting has also historically been a means to express political views and a form of protest.

#5 Mahwan

Mahwan

New Zimbabwean

• Members
  • 4060 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:31 PM

View PostChuckels, on 25 March 2011 - 11:39 AM, said:

Talking about fasting to clean out the system, I have an exercise book that recommends eating nothing for the whole day when you have nothing strenuous to do, lazy day in other words.

I have not done it yet but am going to give it a go soon, my problem is that I donít have many lazy days.
All the best :D :D   you need mental strength for that.

#6 tomibraniste

tomibraniste

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

i do that , is very good..

#7 andrewgibs

andrewgibs

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:45 AM

Fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food,drink,or both,for a period of time.Fasting has also historically been a means to express political views and a form of protest.Fasting is a powerful therapeutic process that can help people recover from mild to severe health conditions.

#8 Anganga

Anganga

New Zimbabwean

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Everything Nice

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

View Postandrewgibs, on 08 April 2011 - 05:45 AM, said:

Fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food,drink,or both,for a period of time.Fasting has also historically been a means to express political views and a form of protest.Fasting is a powerful therapeutic process that can help people recover from mild to severe health conditions.

Excellent;

Wether fasting for health reasons or for religious reasons; the effects of fasting in the human body will remain the same; what differs is only the viewpoint
Open Your Eyes and Be Wise Righteousness will Make U Thrive!

#9 jiji1234

jiji1234

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

Fasting is a school for the training of both the physical body and the soul, and it has numerous merits and benefits

#10 herlinoah

herlinoah

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

According to me in a week one day taking fast, because in spiritualism it was good for our body, it is a way to express your views.

#11 hellypetro

hellypetro

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

Fasting is primarily act voluntarily waive some or all food, beverages, or both, for a period of time.Fasting has also always been a way to express political views and is a form of protest.Fasting a powerful therapeutic process to help people from mild to serious health problems.

#12 seanhatfield

seanhatfield

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

Most religions during fasting means of demonstrating one's faith or repentance, and an opportunity for spiritual reflection. Fasting is a traditional means of political expression and a form of protest.

#13 seelarpieter

seelarpieter

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:46 AM

Fasting is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time.Fasting might also improve longevity by delaying the onset of age-related diseases including Alzheimer's,heart disease and diabetes.

#14 Chuckels

Chuckels

New Zimbabwean

• Banned
  • 18696 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Some very good replies, I was thinking about it like this.

Say I fast for one complete day, I believe in drinking water so it will not be a true fast but just having nothing to eat on every Saturday would save a minimum of £5 a week.

If that money was then sent home to help some people in need it would make a small difference to somebodyís life, £20 a month may not be much but imagine if we all did it!
Posted Image

#15 marteenpetro

marteenpetro

Mafikizolo

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

Most religions in the coursework of periods of fasting as a technique of demonstrating one's faith or repentance, as well as a chance for spiritual reflection. Fasting has also historically in the past been a technique to express political views as well as a kind of protest.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users