Jump to content


Boarding and school fees in Zimbabwe


21 replies to this topic

#1 Afrika 2011

Afrika 2011

    mathand'iGreen

  • Members
  • 7600 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Location! Location!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone know the fees including, boarding, uniforms and everything?
And when do A level students start their term?

Please name the schools and fees if you have info

I can't seem to catch any open offices (time difference I guess)

This should be High school only please

Rewards available for the best information provider, and more  if your school is chosen
Posted Image

Posted Image


Posted Image

"...and Justice for All"


#2 ForumGawd

ForumGawd

    Forum Gawd

  • Members
  • 17230 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:I am AWESOME!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

xxx
Posted Image

I'm John Madhiri

Pleasure isina Measure™
Madiro aJojina™
Jairira™
Take life less Seriously™

Ndokusviira Pfungwa™

https://twitter.com/.../ZimbaDhayasipo

#3 Dindingwe

Dindingwe

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 3820 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:34 PM

Most boarding mission schools and other schools in that group are circa $500 per term. Malbrough High [$600], and most boarding private schools are Circa $4K. Peterhouse [5K]. Boarding Primaries can also give an idea of what boarding fees are like. Bindura Primary $400, Umvukwesi $500 and Barwick (This is a pvt sch) $2.500. Dunno when the A level term starts but most school charge fees for whole tem even if student attends one month of the term. O'pe that helps. ;)
Posted Image

#4 Afrika 2011

Afrika 2011

    mathand'iGreen

  • Members
  • 7600 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Location! Location!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

 Dindingwe, on 22 February 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Most boarding mission schools and other schools in that group are circa $500 per term. Malbrough High [$600], and most boarding private schools are Circa $4K. Peterhouse [5K]. Boarding Primaries can also give an idea of what boarding fees are like. Bindura Primary $400, Umvukwesi $500 and Barwick (This is a pvt sch) $2.500. Dunno when the A level term starts but most school charge fees for whole tem even if student attends one month of the term. O'pe that helps. ;)

Oh thank you, you actually mentioned some of the schools Im interested in...

Posted Image


Posted Image

"...and Justice for All"


#5 Dindingwe

Dindingwe

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 3820 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

 Afrika 2011, on 22 February 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

Oh thank you, you actually mentioned some of the schools Im interested in...
I thot U were for Manama and Thekwane only? :D
Posted Image

#6 TinyZ

TinyZ

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

You can try Lomagundi College - well mannered kids  :unsure:



#7 golonice

golonice

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 18276 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Africa2011, send them to Falcon , the best Private school in Zimbabwe.

Fees - a lot

#8 Mujambajecha

Mujambajecha

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 11614 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Darkside of the moon
  • Interests:Hwahwa

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Golonice since when do you sing the praises of private schools, did jambanja convince you in the end :lol:


Farai and others, whats the fees for Kutama like and is the pass rate still good?
last man standing
Posted Image

#9 golonice

golonice

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 18276 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

 Mujambajecha, on 22 February 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Golonice since when do you sing the praises of private schools, did jambanja convince you in the end :lol:


Farai and others, whats the fees for Kutama like and is the pass rate still good?


no really

note that i didnt say best school in zim.

isnt its Afrika who wants a private one

#10 disaster3232

disaster3232

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

Eaglesvale high $3000 per term boarding

#11 bluboiz

bluboiz

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 2645 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

golo did you go to budjie??
Posted Image

TRUE BLUE

#12 Afrika 2011

Afrika 2011

    mathand'iGreen

  • Members
  • 7600 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Location! Location!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hahaha.. Dindingwe, as a matter of fact, my dad went to Thekwane and my foster mum went to Manama
You would make a good Nyanga.
Let's  put your guessing skills to test (what did I eat for lunch)

Guys,  I cant do too expensive for 1 child when there is a 100 more struggling to be in good schools.
I think I will settle for government schools $1000 or less per term
I need fees though, not school suggestions only

Posted Image


Posted Image

"...and Justice for All"


#13 vakuru1

vakuru1

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

 Mujambajecha, on 22 February 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Golonice since when do you sing the praises of private schools, did jambanja convince you in the end :lol:


Farai and others, whats the fees for Kutama like and is the pass rate still good?
Kutama pass rates are still high kubva patakabva and fees relatively low last term was about 650... brain dzakajeka chete otherwise haulume A'Level pa St Francis Xavier's Kutama College!!

#14 .Jo

.Jo

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 2891 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ruzevha
  • Interests:All things ZIMBABWEAN

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

 Dindingwe, on 22 February 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

I thot U were for Manama and Thekwane only? :D
Be warned........! And be very very AFRAID......!!! Lol

Posted Image Posted Image


#15 Mujambajecha

Mujambajecha

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 11614 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Darkside of the moon
  • Interests:Hwahwa

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:05 PM

 vakuru1, on 22 February 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Kutama pass rates are still high kubva patakabva and fees relatively low last term was about 650... brain dzakajeka chete otherwise haulume A'Level pa St Francis Xavier's Kutama College!!


What are the fascilities and diet like mate especially for kid riased in diaspora?
last man standing
Posted Image

#16 vakuru1

vakuru1

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

 Mujambajecha, on 22 February 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

What are the fascilities and diet like mate especially for kid riased in diaspora?
the diet for diaspora kids might be a bit of prob, given that you they don't give them things like cereals. Its a proper mission school that provides things like bota in the morning at like 6.30 then a cup of tea with jam sandwich at ten.. lunch i hear is still sadza and cabbage or beans, then supper sadza with beef or chicken.. zvinhu zvakaita sespagetti, fried eggs, toast and the like hakuna.. so i suppose for a diaspora kid that might sound harsh...

facilities have improved, but still sharing a dorm with 10 other boys for a diaspora kid used to having their own room....

A'level facities were and are still good, just two lads per room.. the computer lab is brilliant, science lab is brilliant..sports facilities are still you know, mission style..

#17 Afrika 2011

Afrika 2011

    mathand'iGreen

  • Members
  • 7600 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Location! Location!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

 golonice, on 22 February 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Africa2011, send them to Falcon , the best Private school in Zimbabwe.

Fees - a lot

asibo bami tshomi, ngingabasa eFalcon ngiyasala ngilamba Posted Image

Posted Image


Posted Image

"...and Justice for All"


#18 Afrika 2011

Afrika 2011

    mathand'iGreen

  • Members
  • 7600 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Location! Location!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

 vakuru1, on 22 February 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

the diet for diaspora kids might be a bit of prob, given that you they don't give them things like cereals. Its a proper mission school that provides things like bota in the morning at like 6.30 then a cup of tea with jam sandwich at ten.. lunch i hear is still sadza and cabbage or beans, then supper sadza with beef or chicken.. zvinhu zvakaita sespagetti, fried eggs, toast and the like hakuna.. so i suppose for a diaspora kid that might sound harsh...

facilities have improved, but still sharing a dorm with 10 other boys for a diaspora kid used to having their own room....

A'level facities were and are still good, just two lads per room.. the computer lab is brilliant, science lab is brilliant..sports facilities are still you know, mission style..
They can go to any school, as long as it has boarding facilities, A level and cost less than $1000 a term, inclussive.
low budget schools...

Posted Image


Posted Image

"...and Justice for All"


#19 Afrika 2011

Afrika 2011

    mathand'iGreen

  • Members
  • 7600 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Location! Location!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

 Dindingwe, on 22 February 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

Most boarding mission schools and other schools in that group are circa $500 per term. Malbrough High [$600], and most boarding private schools are Circa $4K. Peterhouse [5K]. Boarding Primaries can also give an idea of what boarding fees are like. Bindura Primary $400, Umvukwesi $500 and Barwick (This is a pvt sch) $2.500. Dunno when the A level term starts but most school charge fees for whole tem even if student attends one month of the term. O'pe that helps. ;)
Just had to dig this thread to thank you, picked one of the schools above, and fees are  exactly that, thank you so much Dingwe




Posted Image


Posted Image

"...and Justice for All"


#20 guest the o.g

guest the o.g

    New Zimbabwean

  • Members
  • 3468 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Tennyson Hlabangana used to cost $250 per term 3 years. Not sure what the fees are now. Try also asking around Facebook. Some of the schools have students, former students who have created Facebook pages.
Posted Image



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users